The Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) Fellows Program exposes Maryland’s college students to careers in the state sector within Maryland’s integrative transportation system. Fellows of all majors are placed in full-time assignments in one of MDOT’s units, mentored by senior-level administrators.
With the knowledge gained at their placements, and through seminars, trips, and networking, fellows research and create a proposal to solve a transportation challenge. The program is administered by the Shriver Center in conjunction with the Office of the Secretary of Transportation.
Fellows are paid a stipend of $3,500 for their participation in the program.
The fellowship has 4 components:
Fellows are placed in an MDOT office and perform substantive work, full-time for 9 weeks under the mentorship of a senior-level professional
Fellows attend an orientation and seminars to strengthen their understanding of the functions of state government and policy making
Fellows attend meetings, events, field trips, and networking opportunities to connect with Maryland’s leaders
Fellows put their knowledge and skills into practice, researching and proposing a solution to a transportation challenge.
Eligibility criteria for fellows
- Rising Junior or Senior in the summer of participation
- Attending a Maryland institution OR a current Maryland resident attending an out-of-state institution
- GPA 2.7 or above
- Available June 1, 2021 – August 6, 2021 (Monday through Friday, 9am-5pm)
2020 Important Dates:
- November 15- Applications Live
- January 15- Application Priority Deadline
- March 1- Application Deadline
- June 1-June 4-Orientation
- June 7- Internship Kickoff Event
- August 6- Closing Celebration
For more information email email@example.com