The Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) Fellows Program exposes Maryland’s college students to careers in the state sector within Maryland’s integrative transportation system. Fellows of all majors are placed in full-time assignments in one of MDOT’s units, mentored by senior-level administrators.
With the knowledge gained at their placements, and through seminars, trips, and networking, fellows research and create a proposal to solve a transportation challenge. The program is administered by the Shriver Center in conjunction with the Office of the Secretary of Transportation.
Fellows are paid a stipend of $3,500 for their participation in the program.
The fellowship has 4 components:
Fellows are placed in an MDOT office and peform substantive work, full-time for 8 weeks under the mentorship of a senior-level professional
Fellows attend an orientation and seminars to strengthen their understanding of the functions of state government and policy making
Fellows attend meetings, events, field trips, and networking opportunities to connect with Maryland’s leaders
Fellows put their knowledge and skills into practice, researching and proposing a solution to a transportation challenge.
- Rising Junior of Senior in Fall 2018
- Attending a Maryland institution or are a Maryland resident
- GPA 2.7 or above
- available Friday, March 30 for interviews
- available May 29-August 3, 2018
2018 Important Dates:
- January 15- Applications Live
- March 1- Application Priority Deadline
- March 15- Application Deadline
- March 30- Fellow Interviews
- May 29- June 1 Orientation and Opening Kickoff
- June 4- First Day of Internship
- August 3- Closing Celebration
For more information, please email Hannah Schmitz: email@example.com