The Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) Fellows Program exposes Maryland’s college students to careers in the state sector within Maryland’s integrative transportation system. Fellows of all majors are placed in full-time assignments in one of MDOT’s units, mentored by senior-level administrators.
With the knowledge gained at their placements, and through seminars, trips, and networking, fellows research and create a proposal to solve a transportation challenge. The program is administered by the Shriver Center in conjunction with the Office of the Secretary of Transportation.
Fellows are paid a stipend of $3,500 for their participation in the program.
The fellowship has 4 components:
Fellows are placed in an MDOT office and peform substantive work, full-time for 8 weeks under the mentorship of a senior-level professional
Fellows attend an orientation and seminars to strengthen their understanding of the functions of state government and policy making
Fellows attend meetings, events, field trips, and networking opportunities to connect with Maryland’s leaders
Fellows put their knowledge and skills into practice, researching and proposing a solution to a transportation challenge.
- Rising Junior of Senior in Fall 2017
- Attending a Maryland institution or are a Maryland resident
- GPA 2.7 or above
- available Friday, March 31 for interviews
- available June 9-August 4, 2017
2017 Important Dates:
- December 3- Applications Live
- March 1- Application Priority Deadline
- March 15- Application Deadline
- March 31- Fellow Interviews
- June 9- Opening Kickoff and Orientation
- June 12- First Day of Internship
- August 4- Closing Celebration
For more information, please email Hannah Schmitz: email@example.com