Thank you for your interest in hosting a Governor’s Summer Internship Program fellow!
We are currently accepting position descriptions for summer 2018 until March 30.
Expectations of GSIP Mentors/Host Agencies …
- Be part of Maryland State Government
- Identify a senior-level staff member to serve as the fellow’s mentor
- Provide a physical work-space for the fellow
- Provide a full-time experience between June 4 and August 10
- Design a substantive project for the fellow to work on over the 10 weeks
- Create and engage the fellow in unique and meaningful opportunities for learning and growth
- Expose the fellow to experiences that provide a macro-view of your agency
- Attend our Opening (6/4) and Closing (tentatively 8/10) celebrations in support of the fellow
Students accepted into the program will be matched with an agency/position that aligns with their interests, strengths, and goals, and the needs of your office.
All matches will be finalized in mid April. You will be notified if a match has or has not been made.
Please contact Hannah Schmitz, Program Coordinator with any questions: email@example.com or 410.455.2493.
We look forward to partnering with your organization!