The priority deadline* to apply is March 1, 2018.
All applications must be submitted by March 15, 2018.
A completed application will include:
- Completed application form
- Personal Statement (see prompt below)
- Transcripts (Unofficial are fine)
- 2 Letters of Recommendation (see below for submission instructions)
Please upload all documents as a .pdf and save each as “MDOT Last Name, First Initial- (document name)”
example: “MDOT Smith, J- Resume”
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
All applications will be reviewed after March 15 by a committee made up of MDOT and higher education professionals, former program participants, and others familiar with the program.
Please be sure to include your name in the file name and in the document. Personal Statement may be submitted as a Word document or PDF and may be saved as one file. Personal Statements typically range between 2-4 pages double spaced.
- Why you are interested in the program
- What will you bring to the program as a fellow
- How you imagine linking your involvement in the program with your career goals and personal aspirations. Please be sure to also address how these goals and interests align with Public Service Scholars program’s focus on public service and our motto “launching Maryland’s next generation of change agents”.
personal statement note: We welcome your reflections in your narrative upon your identity and background (i.e., culture/ethnicity, religion, socio-economic class, race, gender, sexual orientation, other…).
Students accepted into the MDOT Fellows Program will be placed in a position that aligns with their interests and skills.
Unofficial transcripts are acceptable. Please be sure to submit your transcripts for each post-secondary institution you’ve attended.
Letters of Recommendation
Ask your reference for a letter of recommendation early; thoughtful recommendations take time to write and your references are busy people. Tell them about the program and why you are interested in it. Good recommendation letters will speak to specific strengths and skills. Letters should be 1 page in length. Please upload signed letters on letterhead with your other application documents or have letters emailed from a professional email address to email@example.com
Submitting your application earlier than February 28 does not give you any advantage so take your time to be thorough. Submitting after the priority deadline including on March 15th will not negatively impact your application.
For more information contact- firstname.lastname@example.org