Thank you for your interest in hosting a Governor’s Summer Internship Program fellow!
We are no longer accepting positions for 2017. If you would like to be notified directly when we begin to accept positions for 2018 please click below.
Expectations of GSIP Mentors/Host Agencies …
- Be part of Maryland State Government
- Identify a senior-level staff member to serve as the fellow’s mentor
- Provide a physical work-space for the fellow
- Provide a full-time experience (4-5 days a week) between June 5 and August 11
- Design a substantive project for the fellow to work on over the 10 weeks
- Create and engage the fellow in unique and meaningful opportunities for learning and growth
- Expose the fellow to experiences that provide a macro-view of your agency
- Attend a mentor collaboration meeting in May (date TBD)
- Attend our Opening (6/5) and Closing (tentatively 8/10) celebrations in support of the fellow
Students accepted into the program will be matched with an agency/position that aligns with their interests, strengths, and goals, and the needs of your office.
All matches will be finalized in mid April. You will be notified if a match has or has not been made.
Please contact Hannah Schmitz, Program Coordinator with any questions: email@example.com or 410.455.2493.
We look forward to partnering with your organization!