Thank you for your interest in hosting a 2017 Walter Sondheim Jr. Maryland Nonprofit Leadership Program fellow!
Now accepting Position Description forms for this summer’s program. Please complete by April 7, 2017.
We ask that Mentors/Host Organizations…
- Be located in Maryland
- Identify a senior-level staff member to serve as the fellow’s mentor
- Provide a physical work-space for the fellow
- Provide a full-time experience (4 days a week) between June 5 and August 11
- Design a substantive project for the fellow to work on over the 10 weeks
- Create and engage the fellow in unique and meaningful opportunities for learning and growth
- Expose the fellow to experiences that provide a macro-view of your organization
- Attend a mentor collaboration meeting in May (Date TBD)
- Attend our Opening (6/5) and Closing (tentatively 8/9) celebrations in support of the fellow
Students accepted into the program will be matched with an organization/position that aligns with their interests, strengths, and goals, and your organization’s needs.
Students who have already secured a summer internship with an organization are welcome to apply. If an applicant has arranged an internship with you, please submit a position description and indicate the student on whose behalf you are applying.
All matches will be finalized in mid-April. You will be notified if a match has or has not been made.
Please contact Hannah Schmitz, Program Coordinator with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or 410.455.2493.
To be sure you are notified of next year’s program, complete the Community Organization Profile.
We look forward to partnering with your organization!